Monday, July 30, 2012


I am an absolute tourist when I am in new places. I take photos of everything. If there is a special type of rock it gets recorded. Half the time I look at my photos when I get back and think what the heck did I waste memory on that  but that is the beauty of digital photography. Most of the food we ate was pretty ordinary . The same as what we have here. I was fascinated with the Americanisation of the food. Naturally that was probably because that was were I was.

Our couldn't be bothered to move from the bar meal

Mums had to be self constructed apparantly

Cheesecake factory ....Can't remember what it was

Mushroom burger

Regular sized??

Quarter pounder....I know bad.

Cocktaily milkshake

Tropical Seabreeze. My drink of choice

Well we waited over an hour to get in so here is the tourist in me

My chocolate mousse cheesecake. Had to get a doggy bag to take this home

Eggs Lox Benedict.... with Hashbrown

Apparantly this is a salad. Cobb salad

Half serve ribs from Senor Pepe Waikiki

Sunday, July 29, 2012


I think I am over jet lag now. My poor body  was so confused with the sleep deprivation. I am an 8-9 Hour  a night girl so being awake for 19 hours after only 5 hours sleep.

Our holiday was AMAZING. The weather was gorgeous 99% of the time. The remaining 1% was a slight shower which was much welcome when the weather was between 28-35 degrees everyday. Dropping to maybe 25 at night.

If you ever go to Hawaii and stay on Oahu , make sure you get a snap shot of every aspect of the island. The culture, the nature, the cuisine, the shopping!

We stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. The largest resort in Oahu. I would recommend this for location and friendly service. I would not recommend it for a romantic holiday as there are people EVERYWHERE! Luckily I was with Mum so that made it tolerable and we were only really there to sleep and have cocktails at some of the bars. Two of the bars were right on the beach and had happy hour right around sunset time. So in between pacing our alcohol consumption we took sunset photos.

My photo

My photo

My photo

Friday, July 27, 2012


I'm Baaaaack! With a tan and goosebumps! I could get used to 28-32 degrees celcius year round.
 I'll post properly later but here is one of my favourite photos.  I left my camera on the plane on the way there so I had to rely on my phone. Luckily it has panorama functions so I made good use of it.

Hanauma Bay. Popular Snorkelling spot on Oahu.

Friday, July 13, 2012


I may come back from Hawaii in major need of liposuction. I very prematurely started my holiday eating last night. M took me to a Swiss Restaurant. The highlight was everything! Especially the dessert. Stapletons at Sutherland. Small but awesome.

I only got through half of it but oh it was a good half!

How awesome is the glass!

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Big Year

Aside from getting married this year, another life milestone approaches in our family. My Mum turns 50. Mum and Dad never got around to travelling. They pretty much struggled for the whole time they were married to go very far. So , fast forward 12 years, they are no longer together and Mum is turning the big 5-0.

My brother and I bought Mum a plane ticket to Hawaii and with noone else to really go with her, I just had to come along. So sad. So on Monday we leave for Hawaii.

10 whole days of sun and sand and sun and sand..... etc. I can't wait to get out of the cold. I'll try and update when I am there but definitely when I get back.

Hilton Hawaiian Village. Photo Courtesy of TripAdvisor

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

It's Here

I got sent a picture of the box from Mum with 5 hours of work to go. Very Unfair.

I rushed home, showered, then tried on my pretty.

I think I may be in love. Once the appropriate alterations are in place. i.e. sleeves and length I will be in full blown love.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012


My dress reached my parcel forwarding company and they have shipped it. It should come hopefully by the end of this week or the beginning of next. SQUEAL!!!  They aren't scanning the package enough though because I am tracking it and it doesn't say much other than shipped 30/6/12......

Waiting is killing me!